Friday, September 26, 2008
hard work..... literally
So the past few days and a few last week i have been working my butt of to find a job. Ive never worked so hard in my life to find a job. All i keep hearing is I'm sorry but you don't have enough experience.....Well first off Ive never held a job before unless you consider helping my mom with a paper route which was supposed to be mine but never got payed because she did all the driving so it went to gas. Anyway i volunteered at a old folks home when i was about 11 but really didn't do anything that has experience for jobs I'm looking at today. How do people expect you to have experience if no one will give you a chance and let you get experience.... Brad and i are going to be out of our apartment the end of November (it was supposed to be the end of October but the landlord is trying to make herself more money and made up some lie saying we didn't give her proof that we were leaving at the end of our lease which we did i talked to her on the phone but whatever!!!) Anyway so we don't want to live here anymore but we don't want collections down our back when we are trying to find a house we can live in fix up and move in 6-10 years. I did finally get a call today from toys r us and have an interview September 30Th at 11:30 but i am so bad at interviews its not even funny!!! I choke up and forget what I'm going to say, is it bad if i bring a note book??? Anyway Brad has been wanting me to get a job for some time now since its always me wanting to go shopping and i understand his point so now I'm really trying... I just wish i could find someone who owns something and work for them. Then i can prove I'm a good worker and will be able to make money to help support my family. Well pray that i will get the job and do just fine at the interview love you all thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
hey girl! dont worry, youll do fine, just tell them how much you love kids, that all they really care about right?! hehe, but on a more serious note, try addeco. i think there website is www.adecco.com Its a temp agency and you go in and they have you fill out some paperwork that tells them about yourself and then they set you up with jobs that match your qualifications. They have hundreds of jobs available so they can find one that fits what you want to do and usually you start the next day. One good part is if you dont like the job, you can go back to the temp agency and they match you with another immediately. Addeco pays you, not the company so you know you're taken care of. The other good thing is that some of the jobs start out as temporary positions then if you do well they hire you permanantly! I was job searching for weeks before I figured out about them and once I went in i wished I wouldve known longer. I did phone surverys for a while, which take ZERO experience, and then I worked for Wells Fargo doing gift baskets for clients which again requires ZERO experience. They also pay weekly so thats a bonus! If you want any more info just let me know, but they practically saved me when I needed work!! good luck!
That is awsome that you are getting sealed. Make sure that the temple is open then. They usually close around the holidays for cleaning. We would love to come.
I would not take a note book to an interview. But you'll do just fine just relax and smile and give good eye contact and treat the interviewer like you would a customer that you really wanted to please.
Have you ever thought of doing CNA work. There is always a high demand and the start up pay is really good. You can get a job most anywhere and the company is usually willing to pay you to train, and traing usually only takes 3-4 weeks. With a guarenteed job when your finished. I've been doing it for 8 years. I know it's not for everybody but I love it. Good luck with what ever you do. Just remember to pay your tithing and everything will work out.
Post a Comment