Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Stake confrence

Well brad and I had the privilege of going to stake conference on Saturday night and Sunday morning with out the kids. We also were able to go to the new member meeting which was really cool to listen too and feel the spirit. Bishop Edgley was an amazing speaker and we were very blessed to have him speak at brads "first" Member state conference. He has been to one or two but not as a member. Bishop Edgley asked a question Saturday night to the congregation, He asked what have you learned in your trials and your tribulations (not exactly what he said i couldn't remember it all or exactly how he said it) Anyway people stood up and expressed what they had learned through they trials, I was going to stand up and express my gratitude to my church members for helping me through my teen pregnancy and not shutting me out, I hear from so many people that they don't go to church anymore because to many rumors went on. All I have to say to them is its the true church but the true church doesn't only except perfect people, Rumors will happen weather your here or not. I have a saying on my myspace, "people are going to talk, so why not give them something to talk about" I know that's not the right thing to do but people wont talk if you don't give them anything to talk about. I know there was rumors going on around the church about me being pregnant and not married, At first I let it affect me but my awesome mother told me that I needed to find for myself if the church is true, and if I will find that then I wont have to worry about the rumors because they wont affect me anymore because I will know why I am supposed to be there. Now look at me 3 years later I'm nursery leader and loving every minute of it, I am happily married to a wonderful man who GETS me, I have two BEAUTIFUL children that even though its hard to be with them all day everyday I would give my life to save them so they can raise their children in the church.

For those of you that were there on Saturday, A women stood and asked what she could do to bring her friends to the church without pushing them away, In response Bishop Edgley asked who the most recent convert was and it just happened to be Brad (which he didn't want to raise his hand) and he had to stand in front of the congregation, Bishop Edgley then asked him if he forgave me for introducing him to the church, He whole heartily said NO!!! Later I asked him why and he said no and he was so nervous that he didn't really even listen to the question and so he didn't answer it right, But then Bishop Edgley asked again after we all had a good laugh "do you forgive your wife for introducing you to the church" and Brad said "Yes" it really made me realize what miracle I did by bringing my husband to the church and having two beautiful children and raising them in the true church they only true church on this earth.

Logan and Ella stayed at brad's mom's so it was fun to have a night to ourselves since it had been about 6 months since our last night alone. But now that we are back to reality and had some time off we are set to be parents again. I have to admit its been hard the past couple weeks, with things my family has been going through. I've had to stop and ask for help from my church members with concerns in my head and if it was OK to feel the way I was feeling. But I learned that I can't take things to seriously which for those of you who know me that's hard for me, very hard.... But not so much to take them to seriously, but don't take what people do for only themselves and be mad at them, because sometimes they can't help it.

For those of you who don't know my family is going through some hard times and we are having to put faith in our lord Jesus Christ more then we ever had. We pray that you will keep us in your prayers and in your hearts.

1 comment:

nina said...

I totally agree with what you were saying about learning to go to church for the right reason. When I was pregnant with Kayla and going to relief society, I did feel like some people were judging me. But I just thought, "You know what I'm not here for them, I'm here to show the Lord that I love HIM and I'm trying to change." Once I gained that perspective, I didn't care if anyone stared at me anymore or not. And after a while they quit.